Codal is a UX design and development agency with a focus on blending an Agile process with the latest technologies. Based in the heart of Chicago, we're a group of skilled business and technical experts with over nine years of industry experience. Our clientele has ranged from small business to enterprise, but our philosophy has always remained the same: to empower brand visibility and deliver the most elegant web and mobile solutions possible.
Why Work For Codal
As a Codal employee, you're a member of a dedicated & driven organization, composed of industry visionaries and auteurs. We take the utmost pride in our work and are truly passionate about the services we provide. As a world-class agency, we offer all of the benefits of an enterprise company, in a friendlier, tight-knit office community.
Duties & Responsibilities
Codal is searching for a highly experienced IT business analyst, a strategist with the right combination of technical knowledge and business acumen to provide our clientele with robust, informed solutions. Our ideal candidate will not only conduct rigorous analysis of a business' processes, objectives, and needs, but also translate these goals into functional requirements through comprehensive documentation. They will serve as a liaison between designers, developers, and the client, and recommend decisions based on the insights gained from intensive research.
You must possess a mastery of organization, planning, and project management. You are responsible for ensuring all of our client’s business and technical needs are fully realized during our multi-faceted design and development process.
- Conduct analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into functional system requirements.
- Perform market, data, technical, and technology option analysis and recommendations.
- Create relevant documentation, including but not limited to, user stories/use cases, wireframes, screen mockups, process flow documents, and data flow diagrams.
- Interface with stakeholders to ensure the functional and user design of the systems before and during development.
- Develop, define, & build technology business cases that advance a company’s goals and digital presence
- Evaluate research and recommend technology solutions/processes to improve business decision-making, with a focus on the firm’s core systems, technology strategies and standards.
- Work hand-in-hand with both business functional specialists and technical development teams to formulate functional requirements and specifications.
- Coordinate with Application Development team members, vendors and Project Managers, as appropriate, to review the proposed solution and design to ensure that the requirements are met.
- Work with the QA group to review test plans and ensure requirements are covered.
- Evaluate solutions to ensure they have high scores on usability and user experience design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in business analysis / requirements management for a product or system.
- Demonstrated skill managing small to medium-size projects.
- Proficient in mapping of business processes to user and functional needs.
- Working knowledge of business processes, system development, process improvements and change management.
- Experience with the full software development life cycle.
- Extensive experience planning, facilitating, eliciting, documenting and managing business, functional and technical requirements.
- Expertise in modeling / mapping as-is and to-be business processes.
- Experienced in test planning, test case development and execution.